Monday, September 10, 2018

Water seeks its own level

I'm not exactly sure if there is a physical "law" that states water seeks its own level, but I know it's true.  Have known it for over 30 years -- at least I've known it for as long as I've lived in our home.  Water does, in fact, seek its own level.  And in our neighborhood, that level is our garage. 

Oh sure, there are lower levels.  Just seems that in heavy downpours, a lot of water seeks our garage. This past weekend's deluge was no exception.

I used to get pretty upset about these events, but I've learned throughout the years to take a little responsibility and place pretty much everything I can on elevated platforms with casters.  It certainly doesn't stop water's from its eternal quest for its own level, but it helps in the aftermath.

If you go into the natural world and observe water, water reveals its qualities:

Water is relentless.  It never stops exerting its force. It also makes no judgment about morality.  It also doesn't complain about the path it follows.  It simply follows the path.  It can be everything from stagnant to a tsunami.  It's just is water. 

And, today, like I do about four times a year, I'm just a guy with a squeegee.
(Now, on the other hand, the leak in the roof . . . )

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment