Attached a photo sequence of my friend Jim C. who came up with his flintlock (note the spark that starts it all in photo two).
- Knife and Hawk throwing attempting to cut a playing card in half.
- Starting a fire with flint and steel.
- Shooting a moving target.
- Shooting at and snuffing out a flame without hitting the candle.
- 18 steel targets of various sizes and shapes scattered in the woods (the trail is rather hilly and treacherous).
Bert has been at this game a long time. And, like so many in this hobby, he's a great guy. Humble and good-natured, but a quietly fierce competitor.
I learned a lot this weekend just being around ol' Bert. LIKE, sometimes you fall down. But if you keep picking yourself up, move on to the next target, take aim and fire . . . sometimes you win!
Carpe diem Life,