Monday, April 22, 2019

Work Gloves

There is just something special about a great pair of leather work gloves.

 To a working man, gloves are a tool. And a quality pair of work gloves are a must.

For me, it starts with my Father.  He was of that generation that didn't have a lot but bought quality when he could.  Work gloves were no exception.  He also knew exactly where they were when he needed them (unless one of us kids happen to "borrow" them and leave them somewhere).  Tools not being where they were supposed to be was one of the BIG sins that we committed; unfortunately, too often.

My leather work gloves are not the best quality, but they've lasted a long time -- mostly because, unlike my Dad, I can never seem to find them.  But, when I do find them I feel stronger, able to work harder for longer periods of time.

I also feel a special connection with my Dad.

Been using my gloves a lot today, Chico (our nickname for our Dad).  I hope you're proud that I knew where to find them.  Now, what did I do what that . . . ?

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

P.S. 

"If my only tool is a hammer, then every problem is a nail." -- Sholem Asch
and
"If the only tool you have is a hammer, it's hard to eat spaghetti." -- David Allen

1 comment:

  1. Work gloves are personal protective equipment that protects the hand from wrist to finger while working. There are so many types of work gloves. If you want to buy work gloves for yourself then I'll recommend you to buy leather work gloves. To buy leather working gloves online you can visit the Work Gearz website.

    ReplyDelete