Monday, July 6, 2020

Early Morning Walk

 “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.”
― Henry David Thoreau

Decided to take a walk this morning before I did anything else.  I had a motive.  

Yesterday, I noticed that the neighbors up the hill have a “crop” of unique mushrooms growing in their yard:  Fairy Rings!  And, I wanted to snap a photo before they were mowed down. 
My Research Department (Wikipedia) says:  A fairy ring, also known as fairy circle, elf circle, elf ring, or pixie ring, is a naturally occurring ring or arc of mushrooms. The rings may grow to over 33 ft. in diameter, and they become stable over time as the fungus grows and seeks food underground.

Just something beautiful to take notice of today. 

Mind the Fairy Rings!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment