Sunday, November 15, 2020

NFL? Take a Hike!

It's Week 10 of my "Zero NFL Project".  Instead of donating my time to the NFL and mega-millionaires, I spend three hours (about the length of a game) working on a specific project.  

Today's scheduled projects have, unfortunately, been blown away by the wind:  40 to 45 mile-per-hour wind gusts as a result of a cold front moving through our area. 
 
“The wind is made of haunting souls
that moan and groan
in whistles and whispers.
This ghostly choir chills the breeze
and orchestrates a rise of goose bumps
on my skin.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons: Quotes, Poetry, & a few Short Stories for Every Day of the Year 
 
Today's project(s) TBD.

We're dog-sitting for our daughter's family.  Haven't had a little guy running around the house since our dog passed a couple of years ago.  Hauntingly strange to hear barks again.  In preparation for the week, I put up as much temporary fencing as I could -- just in case he wanted to wander.  Sure enough, first thing this morning he makes a beeline for a chink in the armor.  Fortunately, I was able to reel him in before he broke free.  There is MORE than enough room and new territory in our yard to explore.

Yesterday, I took a hike and picked up garbage at my adopted park:  Igleheart Park

on Evansville's North Side.  Except for a used fire extinguisher, I found the woods to be pretty clean of trash.  A fire extinguisher?  What the heck?

"It's only ideas gained from walking that have any worth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche.

And Dickens wrote, "If I could not walk far and fast, I think I should just explode and perish."

If you do get out today, watch out for the "widow makers."

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment