Friday, January 27, 2017

The Greatest Story Ever Told!

Every year at this time I start watching episodes of The Greatest Story Told.  Each year's episodes included familiar themes such as "Birthdays," "Dance Recitals," and "Holidays."  Every new season also includes random episodes like, "Annabeth Learns to Fly a Kite," and "Owen Learns to Walk, Then RUN!"  Joyfully, new characters arrive; we watch familiar characters grow up; sadly, some characters we've loved for years exit.

Though the episodes change each season, there is one constant:  I'm not starring in them.  Oh, if you watch carefully, you might catch a cameo of me-- usually a reflection in a mirror. They are the stars of the show.  They are my wife, daughters, grandkids, family, and friends.

The Greatest Story Told is my yearly editing and dubbing of our family videos from the previous year.  All and all, there are now 30 years of video.  And because I know that there are fewer and fewer seasons left for me, each one more precious than the last. 

So, here I'll be for the next several nights, watching the greatest re-runs of The Greatest Story Told.  Even though I'm not in front of the camera, I hope that all the stars in my videos know how much I loved recording their lives and being a part of it.

As sentimental as I get watching these episodes, there is also the anticipation.  Each year at this time I have the opportunity to insert a blank media card in my camcorder and blank pages in my journal to write new episodes for the new season.

What's your Greatest Story Ever Told?  Choose to write the best season ever-- one episode at a time.

Carpe Diem Live,
David Kuhn

CarpeDiem-Life.com








No comments:

Post a Comment