Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Guitar

Thanks to a Christmas gift from my best friend Tim, one of the hobbies that I've picked up recently is teaching myself to play guitar.  Since I know nothing of music, music theory, playing a guitar, etc. it has been an interesting exercise in Carpe diem Life.

Choose to learn to play
Action Plan
Resources (books, internet, other people who play . . . )
Persistent practice
Evaluate my progress and

Direction (change methods as needed)
Improvement (notice where I'm improving; where I still need work -- mostly where I still need work)
Enjoy the process because it's
My LIFE!

"Everything begins with a decision.  Then we have to manage that decision."  -- John Maxwell.

Working to learn to play guitar has been for me one of the greatest Carpe diem Life exercises I've experienced in a long time.  While very difficult, let's just say it has struck the perfect Carpe diem Life chord.

What's your latest creative endeavor?







No comments:

Post a Comment