Thursday, March 1, 2018

Songs and "Fake News"

I wrote yesterday about my newest hobby:  Learning to play guitar.

This exercise has also sparked my interest in expressing myself in writing.  Not essays, but lyrics (okay, poems set to music).  As a gift back to Tim, I've been writing a song a month to create a fictitious album titled Celery Road.  So far we have:

"Celery Road"
"Rest Tight Citizens"
"The Great Onyx Cave"
"Fake News"

The first few are more personal odysseys.  But, because every album needs some sort of social protest piece, I give you "Fake News"

They all say “We’re on your side”
We feed them profits
Yet they feed us lies

Nothing you can believe
On the web, radio,
Print or TV

Satan has gotten to them
Spinning the truth
We’re all condemned

Fox Reports, you decide?
Is it the true
Or is it lies?

CNN: The most trusted name in news?
Well if that’s the truth
Then we’re all screwed!

Special Reports and Breaking News
A ratings win
But we all lose

These are claims politicians make
But we can’t trust them either
For the truth’s sake

Truth be told we’re all on trial
Just look at social media
We’re guilty, too, of spreading this vile!

What’s this world coming to
Media’s got me singing
The Fake News Blues
Got me singing
The Fake News Blues

What’s this world coming to?
I’ve finally learned the truth . . .
it’s time to quit . . . Exposing myself . . .
TO ALL THIS SHIT!
 ***

Time to turn on the media and Carpe diem Life
David Kuhn 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment