Monday, March 26, 2018

Prayer in Progress Part 9 of __?__

Today is part nine of my Prayer in Progress notes.  My hope is to someday boil all this down into some sort of personal manifesto that will give my life meaning and direction.  Again, these are core values, beliefs (or at least things I think I want to believe in), what I stand for or hope to stand for, and how I intend to live my life the few years I have to remain on this earth.  The hope is that it will stand for both a statement of principles and as a call to action.  We shall see.  And who knows, I may look at some of these with fresh eyes and call bull shit!

In the meantime, I’ll share a few every day here in hopes that if one person stumbles upon this blog and reads one meaningful line, then I will have helped the world in at least one tiny way.  These are in no particular order - for now.  Again, I’m sorry that I didn’t/done always cite the author:


Mine is not a better way, mine is merely a different way.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

First, clean your own room.

May my reach far exceeds my grasp.  Remember that everyone has problems that need to be solved.  Contentment and joy come only in giving myself away.  Give me the insight to see and to listen and to hear people's needs and then serve them.

Dear God, you are like a sphere whose circumference is nowhere and whose center is everywhere.  This means that the center of God is within me and also in everyone and everything I meet today.  It is only when I see God in everything -- not only the things with which I agree but (and perhaps especially) those things with which I disagree -- do I see God at all.

To be enlightened is to be one with all things.

To be continued . . .

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment