Monday, January 14, 2019

Miskates and Efferts

I've written a few times about trying to learn the guitar.  Not just the guitar, but music theory.  That's important because I have no actual knowledge of how music works other than turning on the turntable (old school, I know.  Okay, I've also learned to turn on a tape player, CD player, and a few other gadgets).

But, I've been struggling lately.  Thankfully, my friend Curt has stepped up and offered to mentor me along.  I appreciate that.

Novelist Fyodor Dostoyevsky (how's that for name dropping?) observed, "Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most."

John C. Maxell's response:  "Instead, people should most fear the opposite -- not taking the step.  Why?  Because if we don't step forward and out of our comfort zone and into the unknown, we will not improve and grow."

So, this week, I'm off to step out of my comfort zone and make some mistakes -- a lot of mistakes.  But, mistakes are not necessarily failures if we see them as proof that we're making an effort. 






Have a mistake full week!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment