Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Zen and the Art of Squirrel Hunting

Heard a news story on the radio the other day: A man is dead after a hunting accident.  Authorities say a hunter thought the victim was a squirrel and shot him.

Thought he was a squirrel?  I don't hunt -- not that I'm morally against it -- but, how do you mistake a man for squirrel?  (After a little research -- fancy word for Google -- I discover that it evidently happens more than one would think.)

Anyway, the man is being charged with, if nothing else, "reckless discharge of a firearm."

I had a reckless discharge once and, as a result, I really got in touch with my inner self.  Damn single-ply toilet paper!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

P.S.  Sorry, this is what happens when you have notes for two different post ideas and neither have the weight to go anywhere.  Frank Deford would be so disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment