Monday, May 20, 2019

Here Comes the Sag Off

As I look out my window
After a day of gray skies
I wonder
From where does inspiration arise?
Tension and release?

According to George Harrison:

"Here Comes the Sun" was written at the time when Apple was getting like school, where we had to go and be businessmen: 'Sign this' and 'sign that.' Anyway, it seems as if winter in England goes on forever, by the time spring comes you really deserve it. So one day I decided I was going to sag* off Apple and I went over to Eric Clapton's house. The relief of not having to go see all those dopey accountants was wonderful, and I walked around the garden with one of Eric's acoustic guitars and wrote "Here Comes the Sun". 

* Play truant

Here's hoping you find some time today to "sag off" and get inspired. It's all right!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn


No comments:

Post a Comment