Friday, July 17, 2020

A few days off

I'll be taking a few days off away from "normal" life.  Plus, I'll have a heavy work schedule next week. 

One parting thought:

"The greatest need of our time is to clean out the information rubbish that clutters our minds and makes all political and social life a mass illness.  Without the house cleaning, we cannot begin to SEE.  Unless we SEE, we cannot think."  -- Thomas Merton.


I don't know when that was written, but Thomas Merton died in 1968.

Thomas Merton OCSO was an American Trappist monk, writer, theologian, mystic, poet, social activist, and scholar of comparative religion. On May 26, 1949, he was ordained to the priesthood and given the name "Father Louis".    
 
Clean out > information rubbish > clutters the mind > makes political and social life a mass illness!

A mass illness (again, written decades ago). 

True, I tend to get so much information -- and misinformation -- all day long that I lose connection of my common sense.  

It's good to take time to hunt cicada shells, look at rare comets such as C/2020 F3, NEOWISE, listen to bluebirds sing (wow, that sounds very Disney-esque).  

Anyway, going to take some time this weekend to spend time with people I love(with masks), and SEE, and THINK.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment