Friday, August 28, 2020

I Don't Care

I read a comment on social media the other day that basically said, "If you don't care [about what's going in the political world] you're part of the problem!"
 
I don't care.
 
When it comes to saying I don’t “care” anymore, note that care has two different meanings, according to Dr. Joseph Parent, a performance psychologist and author of Zen Golf. The difference comes down to care as in “to take an interest in” and care as in “to worry about.” 

Yes, I care about what I'm doing.  I care about my family, community, country, world, Universe.  But, let's face it, most of it is out of my control.  Out of my care.   Says Dr. Parent,  “Worry about results makes you think ‘Be careFULL.’ Now you don’t want to go to the other side and become careLESS, you want instead to be careFREE.”

Striving to live CareFREE.  That's something I can care about.  

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment