Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Week 11 and . . .

 Still NOT going strong.  I'm now zero for 11 weeks of the NFL (and college football).  
 
Sunday:  I couldn't work on the project I wanted to as we had a “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men" moment when I got home from work:  our dryer out of commission.  I worked on it until I conceded -- I needed parts and Lowe's was already closed.  Defeated for the night, I drank a couple of beers and hit it early on Monday.
 
Monday:  Dryer fixed (at least for now).
 
Then, I went to work on a few Christmas gifts.  I designed and built one of these for Suzanne last year.  I then received a few orders from two daughters and friend of the family.  
 

Each takes abound 50 or so boards of various length cut 45-degrees on each end.  Plus, three stars each.  Then glue, nails, stain.  
 
I still have some work to do on them, but I'm close.
 
The project utilized my Carpe diem Map:
 
Choose what I want to do
Action Plan
Resources (materials, etc)
Persistent Action
Evaluate Progress
 
Direction (change as needed)
Improvements 
Enjoy the process (I put on some music)
My Responsibility (no one was going to make them for me)
 
Now, regarding all the election, news channels, Facebook:
 
"Unfortunately, you have to listen to some people for a long time to discover that they don't have anything to say."   -- Annon.
 
Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn  


No comments:

Post a Comment