Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Rinse away dreams


 My 3-year old grandson loves waterfalls.  So do I.  Even little ones in streams. 

Image from: http://waterwaterfall.blogspot.com

I was reminded of all this today when I read a line from Tao Meditations:
Rinse away dreams.

Rinse away dreams? 

First, let's put the two together (waterfalls and dreams) and see what we get.  According to one "meaning of dreams" website:  Waterfall dreams are overwhelmingly positive dreams, waterfalls symbolize rebirth, baptism, and initiation. Waterfall dreams herald a time of purification, a period of washing away the old and allowing vibrant new energy, enthusiasm, and information to enter the mind and body, filling the soul with inspiration and renewal.

Wow.  I never thought of it before, but that's exactly what I feel when I stop and stare at a waterfall.

Now to the Tao study:

Rinsing away dreams is a way of saying that we must not only dispell the illusions and anxieties of our sleeping moments but those of our walking ones as well.  All of life is a dream.  Not because it isn't there, but because we all project different meanings upon it.  We must cleanse away this habit.

Admittedly, I don't really understand what all that means.   Something about cleansing away obscuring layers to reach the inner One -- the divine.

That's not a bad thing to "dream" about.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment