Friday, December 7, 2018

Never lose an opportunity . . .


They say that you should listen to what your body is telling you.  Mine just looks at me and laughs.

So, one of my "goals" this year and for 2019 is to diet and be more active.  Believe it or not, I've been doing pretty well on the diet part, it's the active part that I've been a little sluggish.  Not to the point of leaving a silver slime trail or anything, but certainly not active enough.

Yesterday was an exception that also ticked a few other boxes on my personal goals.

I started at my younger daughters:  a final cut of the yard, raked leaves, shredded and bagged everything.  That was a three-plus hour workout.  Next, to our "cabin" at Lake Lynnville for some pre-winter work.

While working there, I came across a map of a DNR property just a couple of miles away.  So, I was off to Interlake SRA.

With the exception of the DNR employee, the place was deserted.  Overcast sky, temps in the low 30s, spitting some sort of precip . . . Perfect!   Left a note saying which trails I was planning on hiking and when I was planning on being back to base. Then I was off!


"Never lose an opportunity for seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting -- a wayside sacrament.  Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm putting in close to 30 hours of work -- indoors -- the next three days; good to get out and check off a few boxes:

Active
Adventure
Explore new places
Get lost (okay, I did have a map with me, but still, I'd never been there)
Nature

Have a great weekend.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment