Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Well Grounded

Came home the other night to strobe lights -- from our kitchen lights!
What the?  Flickering like a 70's disco! 

I quickly assessed the situation as, "Not working correctly!"
(and I'm not even a trained electrician).

I have learned a few other electrical terms over the years:
"It's got to be a 'short' somewhere!" and "Got to be a ground problem!" and "Dirty power!"
To be honest, I really have no idea what they mean, I just throw them out there and hope the other guy doesn't know either.

So, I did the only thing that I knew how to do.  No, not call an electrician.  I replaced the switches and tightened up those little wire thingies that come out of the ceiling. 

Let there be light!  Fixed -- for now.  A little research after the fact shows that it could be, in fact, a symptom of some other issues.  But, most likely I did miraculously manage to fix the problem.   And with no extra parts.

Sometimes it's the small victories that keep me grounded.

But, I still have a problem figuring these symbols apart.


Oh, I get it, "O" is for "On"  -- or it that "Off" -- damn it!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment