Thursday, January 31, 2019

Snow provokes responses that reach back to childhood. -- Andy Goldsworthdy

 Snow is not too deep
The perfect time for a hike
Open my spirit

Walking may be a good metaphor for spiritual life.  There are times, for example, today when the snow is not too deep and the cold in invigorating, that hiking is literally the best activity.  I find that walking in the woods is a wonderful way to unify the body, mind, and spirit.  Plus, if it doesn't kill me, it's a great way to strengthen legs and increase stamina.

"There are a thousand meanings in every view, if we only open ourselves to the scripture of the landscape."
-- Deng Ming-Dao

So, at some point today, I'm going to bundle up and "open myself up to the scripture of the landscape." 

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn 







Oh, one more quote on snow:  "A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water."     -- Carl Reiner


No comments:

Post a Comment