Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Intellectual Turbulence

Made the mistake of staying up late last night and "channel surfing."
Unfortunately, cable "news" was included.   I eventually came to my senses and went to dreamland.

This morning, I was perusing a few pages of the notebooks of Robert Frost and I mined this bit of wisdom:

The cure for Intellectual Turbulence -- all this craziness over newly come by ideas is to develop an ambition to get up a few ideas of our own.

I love that:  Intellectual Turbulence -- all this craziness.  

It's a shame that I've wasted so much time channel surfing and listening to others' opinions, but it will be unforgivable to waste any more  We have the ability to contribute so much.  Yes, the future is now. 

Time to develop an ambition to get up and create my own ideas.  Time to defeat Intellectual Turbulence!

Have a great rest of the week.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment