Wednesday, April 25, 2018

For Every Season . . .

Happy Birthday to my twin brother Jeff.
Photo: Taken this date, 1983.  Granny Kuhn, Grandma Louie, Grandpa Louie, me, Jeff

Yesterday, I went to the cemetery to visit my parents' and grandparents' grave sites.  It's a monthly maintenance thing I do.  And, it's always nice to visit.  Everything is there for review:  birth, childhood, adolescence, teenage, marriage, family, death -- raising the questions of what shall I do with the little time I have left on this earth.

Wait, the phone is ringing.

Five minutes later:
That was my older daughter Amy and 2-year-old grandson Owen calling to wish me a happy birthday.  Admittedly, I didn't understand everything that Owen was excitedly trying to tell his Grandpa Kuhn.  But, it was precious.  They promised to call back when little Annabeth awakes.   At six-years-old, she sometimes has too much energy to go to sleep and ends up wandering the house or sneaking a flashlight and book under the covers of her bed and reading until she finally crashes.  Last night was one of those nights.  Too funny.

So, back to my original story.  I guess I just answered my own question.  St. Joseph cemetery marks Kuhn family stories going back to 1892 (the birth of my Grandpa Kuhn).  Happy Birthday wishes from my wife, Jeff, siblings, friends and that phone call a second ago reminds me of the present and the future. 

Wait, the phone is ringing again.  It's Annabeth calling . . .

Five minutes later:

For everything, there is a season . . .

John Kuhn
1892 - 1963

Clara Kuhn
1901 - 1990

Loretta Riley
1906 - 1985

John Riley
1902 - 1993

Charles Kuhn
1932 - 2007

Carolyn Kuhn
1932 - 2013

David Alan Kuhn
Born April 25, 1960 -- d ?


A reminder to enjoy the dash

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment