Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Day 1 of ?
So, today is the first day of the rest of my quarantined life. Yesterday, I came up with 101 Things To Do During My Self-Quarantine. Now, assuming that this thing lasts till Easter when we can all “rise from the dead,” that gives me 18 days to get to 101 — five or six items a day. Some are physical, one-time actions; some are an on-going life change. Some are ten-minute projects; others will take a day or two. But, it’s a list set in digital stone, so I might as well get started.
In no particular order, I’ve already knocked out
46. Write this Blog (on-going)
44. Watch a Steve Martin plays the banjo video
50. Find a worthwhile TV series to watch (okay, it might not be “worthwhile, but I’ve rediscovered the old Colombo series)
Oh, I did look this up: TV series are usually Italicized and song titles are in quotation marks (albums would be italicized). So, that knocks out
37. Learn how to properly punctuate song titles
85. Update my Christmas Gift Savings Can ($1 a day)
93. Currently listening to “Please Please Me” (on-going)
80. An interesting line from a banjo book I started: “To be blunt, we’re talking about the flotsam and jetsam of the banjo world who have been washed ashore, limp with failure.” — Wayne Erbsen
Yesterday, I knocked out 2/3 of #43.
91. Items from joke books I'm skimming:
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.” — H. L. Mencken
“An autobiography is a book that reveals nothing bad about its writer except his memory.” — Anon
“What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft? A) A flat minor!”
Insults: "All his life he’s been a sinner, but he’s taking harp lessons."
You all be safe out there and Carpe diem Life,