Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tao and the Art of Plumbing

We decided to have a new hot water heater installed in our weekend "cabin".  It worked just fine; however, at at 32 years old, we figured that we'd better be safe than sorry.  So, out with the old -- the oldest the plumbers who came had ever replaced -- and in with the new.

I was fascinated with the speed and efficiency that these two guys worked.  It was obvious that they have done these change-outs hundreds of times as they tackled the job with very little communication -- each knowing exactly what and when to do his part.

When they were fished,  I complimented them on their professionalism and efficiency.  "The secret to being profitable in this business," one of them said, " is to be fast, but not to get in a hurry!"

With that -- and payment, of course -- they were out the door. 

It's true, the more I tend to hurry through things, the less I actually accomplish.  Thanks to a couple of fast plumbers, I'm reminded to slow down. 

I'm also reminded to be grateful for clean running water and hot water at a push of a button.  It doesn't come without a cost, but I'm grateful to have it.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
    drain repair

    ReplyDelete