Monday, July 30, 2018

Dilly Dally

 Went to hear a band play the other night at an old friend's bar.  While their, we spied a Bud Light T-Shirt with the now famous phrase "Dilly Dilly."
I read a business article that claims the copy writer needed a phrase for the king to say and someone spitball the "nonsense" word "Dilly" and everyone thought it was funny.  But, did the guy just invent it?

Imagine my surprise when I was reading Mother Goose Rhymes to my grandkids this past week.  I turn the page to:

 Title:  Lavender's Blue, Dilly Dilly

Lavender's blue Dilly Dilly,


Lavender's green;

When l am King, Dilly, Dilly,

You shall be Queen.


Who told you so, Dilly, Dilly,

Who told you so?

'Twas my own heart, Dilly, Dilly,

That told me so.

King, Quees, and Dilly?  Hmmmm?
Have a great Dilly Dilly day.  Whether you dilly dally or not.  But, do you lollygag?

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment