Thursday, July 19, 2018

Long Overdue

Opened my email this morning from Evansville-Vanderburgh Library:
DO NOT REPLY.  YOU HAVE BOOKS OVERDUE. 

Overdue books?  I'd forgotten that I even had any.  So, I took a shovel and dug through the mountain of crap on my desk.  Sure enough, three books I'd picked up a few weeks ago.  All "must reads."

Must not. 

Why do I do that? 

One turned was Music Theory 101.  Turns out that 101 is WAY too advanced for me.

One was on how to write successful songs.  The first chapter spent a lot of time -- A LOT of time -- on how Melissa Ethridge wrote a song for Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth.  After that, not much to it. 

The final book was The Ode Less Traveled. Unlock The Poet Withing.  I do remember getting a little farther into that one, but obviously not enough to keep with it.

Yes, there's a whole world of knowledge at the public libraries.  But, the books don't read themselves.  No, wait.  They do now! 

Off to return these, pay my fines, and pick up a book on tape (digital now).  Perhaps my first one will be:  How to read a book without falling asleep after one page.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment