Wednesday, November 16, 2016

In Front of Every Silver Lining . . .


This story starts at the end. 

Monday, after my day job (a.k.a. Job A), I worked my audio/video job (a.k.a. Job B), an Evansville Aces Basketball game at our downtown arena.  I parked a few blocks away on a semi-deserted and semi-dark street.  After the game and I finished my work, I walked the several blocks back to my car only to discover that . . . my right rear tire was completely INFLATED.  This is the silver lining to my story.

Now the dark cloud.  Roll back a few hours to around 2:30 P.M.  Having not had a break from Job A, I decided to clock out and retrieve a book from my truck and relax for a few minutes.  While walking up to the driver’s side I noticed my left rear tire was low.  Very low.  A closer inspection revealed a roofing nail firmly embedded in the tread (no doubt a rogue nail from the roofing job on the building a few weeks ago).  Still enough air to drive it, I limped my car to Raben Tire and told them my flat out tale of woe.  They agreed to get it in as soon as possible.  I called work and told them that I would be late getting back.

Life has no smooth roads for any of us, especially with a flat tire!  A dark cloud casting a gloomy shadow on my day.

One hour and $20 later I was back up and running (thank you Raben Tire).  I made it back to Job A in time to pack my stuff and head downtown to Job B.  Believe you me, I got a lot of mileage out of the roofing-nail-from-my-own-work-caused-leaking-tire story.  Worked the game.  Walked back to my secluded truck, parked on an isolated, dark street.  Which leads me back my silver lining:  fully inflated tires — something I take for granted every single day. 

The way I see it, had I not noticed the tire going down and the nail in it when I did, I might not have even made it to Job B.  Or worse, I might have made it but later found myself stranded late at night.  The dark cloud of disappointment that was my afternoon actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise.


A Carpe Diem Life Lesson to be thankful for silver linings AND dark clouds.  And to roll with whatever life sticks in your craw — or in our tires.

Carpe Diem Life,
David Kuhn

CarpeDiem-Life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment