Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Puzzled!

Had the idea of working daily crossword puzzles to keep my mind young and sharp (I can use all the help I can get). 

My Mom was a New York Times Crossword puzzle worker extraordinaire.  My wife works a couple of day from our local paper.  Me?  I went with the Dell Fun-Filled Easy Puzzles.  You know, the ones at the grocery checkout line next to the tabloids with headlines that read, "ELVIS ALIVE & WORKING WITH HILLARY CLINTON ON PANTSUIT DESIGNS FOR 2020 CAMPAIGN!"

It's true that scientific studies have found no evidence to suggest that crossword puzzle experience reduces age-related decline in cognition; however, if you're going to get any benefit from them at all, you need to pick puzzles that are challenging enough to push your brain to the next level.  Again, I chose EASY.

ACROSS
1. Fool  (4 letters) 

Hmmm?

No problem.  Let's look at 1, 2, 3, and 4 down.  

No help. 

Crossword puzzles, as in life, teach us that sometimes you know the answers; sometimes you learn.  Evaluating the situation (I'm already stumped) I look up the answer.

1. Fool (4 letters) D O L T

What the?  Even my Dell Fun-Filled Crossword Puzzle is mocking me.

I'll know better tomorrow.

Carpe Diem Life
David Kuhn
CarpeDiem-Life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment