Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Spirits of Christmas . . .



This is my 57th Christmas Season.  And this morning, as I’ve often done on Christmas Eve, I stopped by St. Joseph Cemetery to visit my Parents and Grandparents.

Spirits of Christmas . . .

Past:  It’s enlightening to me how just one or two arbitrary dates on a calendar can inspire our body (sights, sounds, smells, tastes, touch), our mind (memories), and our spirit (emotions and feelings). 
As I look at the dates on the gravestones, I’m reminded how few Christmas I actually spent with . . .

Grandpa Kuhn, 3
Grandma “Louie” Riley, 25
Granny Kuhn, 30
Grandpa “Louie” Riley, 33
Dad, 47
Mom, 53

Present:  This morning they taught me to never take Christmas with friends and family for granted.

Yet to Come:  They also reminded me that each and every “present” that is the dash between “Born - Death” is a special gift. 

“Lead on! Lead! The night is waning fast, and it is precious time to me.  I know. Lead on, Spirit[s]!”
        — Scrooge, Charles Dickens' “A Christmas Carol”


Carpe Diem Life,
David Kuhn

CarpeDiem-Life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment