Monday, June 25, 2018

Ready. Aim . . .

Attended our Black Powder Muzzleloading Club's monthly shoot this weekend.   Targets at 25-, 50-, and 100-yards out using 1600's-1800's style muzzleloading rifles.

Towards the end of the second day,  I noticed that I was leading on one of the targets.  Surprising.  I really don't shoot that often and I have not worked at becoming a great shot.  I was refeling in my glory when one of the premier shooters came up with his target.  Adds 'em up.  Beats me by one point.

Damn!

I was disappointed.  He was humble.  I'm really happy for  Guido (born in Cuba) because he's dedicated to practicing to win. Plus, he's a great friend.  I would have just been happy because I was lucky enough to win.

 Ready.  Aim . . .
Pull the trigger (notice the spark created by the flint hitting the steel frezzen)
 Fire!
 Another winning shot on target!

Better to be lucky than good?  My old friend teaches me every shoot that it's much better to work at being good than to lazily counting on being lucky.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment