Friday, June 8, 2018

Hope is . . .

It's been hanging around the garage since last November: A snake gourd.


My granddaughter gave it to me when we were picking out our Halloween pumpkins.  At six, she has a wacky sense of humor -- like her Grandpa Kuhn.  For whatever reason, she found the snake gourd to be too funny and knew that I just had to have it instead of a jack-o-lantern.  And so it was.

Of course, I put some cartoon eyes and mouth on it.   He hung out  with the pumpkins and then, not exactly knowing what to do with it, I hung it up in the garage.  Found it the other day.

Shaking it, it rattled with seeds.  That's interesting.  So, I figured that I would cut off the "tail" of this snake and plant a few seeds in the back of the yard just to see what happens.   Not much for eating, but interesting watch grow -- I hope.

Eating and hope.  Reminds me of a Francis Bacon quote: "Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper."

Something to chew on.

Have a great weekend.
Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment