Monday, June 11, 2018

Our Job Title?

I've been meeting a lot a new people on my newest part-time job.  People from all walks of life.  Introduced to one woman as, "The hardest working person in show business."  Her "show business" is Environmental Services.  That's a fancy name for someone who is always active cleaning and ensuring a safe environment for everyone who comes in the building.

She doesn't say much when I say hello.  Pretty much just keeps working -- but she smiles.

Got me thinking of all the people in my life that I've had the privilege to say hello to.  Without realizing it, we fill important places in each other's lives.  Teacher, bosses, co-workers, customers.  Some good people who fill important roles and do good in our lives. 

Reminds me of an old Sufi story (I suppose all Sufi stories are old?):  A good man was granted one wish by God.  The man said that he would like to go about doing good without knowing about it.  Just do good.  God granted his wish.  And then God decided that it was such a good idea, he would grant that wish to all human beings.  And so it has been to this day.

I guess that means that we all hold the job position of Environmental Services:  Doing good!











Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment