Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Failing

March is usually the time of year when I take a review at all the projects I want to accomplish through the year -- and recognize my failings.  Old procrastinating habits are strong dragons to slay.

Yesterday I was listening to some John Mellencamp (an Indiana boy).   I had forgotten how much I love his music.  Great guitar licks, driving drums, occasional fiddle to give it a southern Indiana folk sound.

Synchronicity event:  This morning I pick up a reference book and open it to a random page.  And here's a quote used:

What is there to be afraid of?  The worst thing that can happen is you fail.  So what?  I failed at a lot of things.  My first record was horrible.  -- John Mellencamp

The "P" in Carpe diem Life stands for Persistence.  I think after 40-plus years and 22 other albums, Mr. Mellencamp would agree.

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn 

No comments:

Post a Comment