Saturday, March 17, 2018

Prayer In Progress Part 1 of __?__

While working my "A place for everything, reduce stuff, everything I choose to keep in its place" goal for this year, I stumbled on an old document that I started years ago -- and obviously forgot about.  Working title: Prayer in Progress.

They are statements of beliefs -- or at least I believed would be a good thing to believe -- in the form of a prayer.  Never intending to make this public (as public as a blog that no one reads can be) I apologize to the original authors when I've failed to cite my sources. 

I thought it might be fun to organize these notes into some sort of actual document.  And, as I go, I'm going to post the notes here.  Again, it's not exactly my hard-and-fast manifesto.  At least not yet.   And I would love to say that I live all this wise advice from scholarly sages.  I don't!  Perhaps, by making these "public" I'll work on them harder this year.

Here we go.  David Kuhn's "Prayer in Progress"  Part 1 of __?__

We'll start with Carpe diem Life (see the home page to CarpeDiem-Life.com).

Life = It's my life.  Live it.

God (Great Spirit, All-That-Is, TAO, etc), thank You for this day/moment, your precious gift to me, the "present" You have given me is full of opportunity to love and to create.  Celebrate Carpe diem Life = Seize the day -- the PRESENT You have given me.

Prayer:  May all beings everywhere, with whom we are all inseparably interconnected, be fulfilled, awakened, and free.  May there be peace in this world and throughout the universe.  And may we all together complete the spiritual journey.  -- Lama Surya Das

SEE everything and give thanks.  Bless every person and every condition.

Thank you for my family and friends.  Thank you for strangers and enemies.

Thank you for my unique talents and gifts.  Help me to re-member them and the innocent child within me who enthusiastically cries out "I can do anything!"  My gifts cannot be silenced if I refuse to let it be.

To be continued . . .

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment