Sunday, December 6, 2020

13 And Counting

Today's project has been an on-going one: A Christmas gift (I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't read this blog, so I'm safe to unwrapping it for you here).
 
A few years ago an old friend of mine surprised me with a guitar for a Christmas present.  Said, "Here, you should learn to play this."  And I have -- been trying.  Since then, he's also bought for me a few other very nice toys to help create music.  
 
So, this year my gift to him is . . . 
 
a cigar box guitar that I'm building.  I was planning on giving him that bottom one, but I'm now thinking of the top one -- it's electric!  Having never built a cigar box guitar, it's been a challenge.  Let's just say that I've hit more than a few sour notes along the way.  However, I'm hoping that by the end of the day tomorrow I'll be able to string one up and test it.  Then it's off to its new home.
 
Again, not exactly a three-hour "not watching the NFL" project, but something very new for me.  Who knows, if it actually plays,  I might have just found a new hobby to take the place of TV sports.
 
Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment