Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Week 14 Projects

 They almost got me.  "They" being the NFL.  Was flipping through stations and almost stopped on some Week 14 NFL highlights.  But, I switched off before connecting.  So, I'm not going to count it.  As of this date, I've yet to watch a second, see a score, or know what the standings are.  And, truth be told, I don't miss it.
 
This week I got the 20-year-old pontoon boat running and out for her last ride of the season up at Lynnville Lake.  She's been a good companion for us through the years; just needs some TLC over the winter. 


I docked her at the park dock and hiked back to our little cabin.  Some of the hike was on the new path being built along State Rd. 68. 
.
On the way home, I came with this little song.  I recognize that some the images have probably been used a hundred times before, but . . 
 
Chasing Rainbows

I was chasing rainbows
Searching for a unicorn
I was chasing rainbows
Searching for a unicorn
Ended up -  tangled up — in barbwire
Staring down a mad bull’s horns

Everyone around me  Has the Devil’s own luck
Everyone around me  Has the Devil’s own luck
But my world is a broken mirror with the pieces run amuck

Went searching for a pot of gold  Ended up having to fold
Hung a horse shoe upside down  All my luck poured to the ground
Went chasing a rabbit for his foot  Ended up in a snare and staying put
Rode on a carousel  Reached for that golden ring
Got bucked off a pink panda  My head went ding-a-ling-a-ling
Pulled a wishbone with my best friend  But ended up with the short end, again (then he stole my girlfriend)

Everyone around me Has the Devil’s own luck
Everyone around me Has the Devil’s own luck
But my worlds a broken mirror with the pieces run amuck

I went in search of a four leaf clover That’s when I knew it was all over
Stepped in a pile of fresh poo  Didn’t know what to do
But that’s when I saw it was aglow  With all the colors of the rainbow
And there was glitter in it —
(spoken): Folks, that’s when I realized
Unicorn poo still smells like shit!   And then there’s that bull . . .

I was chasing rainbows
Searching for a unicorn
I was chasing rainbows
Searching for a unicorn
Ended up tangled up in barbwire
Staring down an angry bull’s horns
 
Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn


No comments:

Post a Comment