Monday, December 28, 2020

Merry Post and Pre

It's after Christmas and before New Year's.  Just a few observations / status updates:

If I'm not mistaken, this is about the time of year that the NFL Playoffs start. If you follow this blog, you know that I now don't care about donating my time to watching sports -- especially professional sports.  Having said that, my mother-in-law did have a college basketball game on the TV followed by a college football bowl game. I must say that I rather enjoyed watching -- a little.
 
Now to this bombing event in Nashville. Had the TV news on all day at work and I was not surprised by the amount of speculation that was being disseminated as fact -- or potential fact -- by the networks. As it turned out, most of it wrong. What amuses me the most is, no matter what the subject or who the interviewee is, there is always this awkward exchange:
 
Interviewer to the "special, exclusive to us" guest expert: "I'm sorry to interrupt you. Of course, this is one of the most monumental events in the history of the world; however, we're up on a hard break. We'll be back after this." 
 
FADE TO BLACK

FADE UP ON KITCHEN PAN FULL OF BURNT GOOK

ANNCR: "Has this ever happened to you? Are you tired of food sticking to your pans? Well, now there's . . . " 

- - -

Suzanne and I received our first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. I don't feel confident enough to go around and licking doorknobs, but it's something.

Today, I got an early jump on making a 2021 list and organizing my to-do lists (and when I say "making," I mean re-writing last year's, which was a list from the previous list, which was . . .). Yes, so many trivial things to do, so little time. But, at least I make a list. Right? (Note to self, create a list that contains a list of all the drawers, boxes, shelves, etc., that contains all the decades of lists I've made).  

Anyway, I procured an old three-ring notebook to contain one section of my 2021 list and opened it up. This is the fortune from a fortune cookie that I must have taped to the inside years ago:
There is hope?
 
Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn



No comments:

Post a Comment