Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Ramblings

This is an easy week to say that I didn't watch the NFL or College Football. For starters, I worked Saturday and Sunday. Then, there are Christmas gifts. 

I've always tried to make a few gifts when I can. This year, I made three wooden trees for my girls and a friend. I also made ornaments for the grandkids. One has Garfield (the cat, not the old president) in it. Garfield is Annabeth's favorite. For little Mr. O, who is in his first year of Scouts, I gathered up some of my old scouting pins and such and filled a globe.
 
 
 

On the cigar box guitar front, I ended up making three. A one-string for a dear friend:
And a three-string (with logo that happens to be his last name):
This leads me to this quote by CBG builder and author David Sutton. Describing his experience building these things, "I will tell you that I can't say as I've ever made a mistake building a cigar box guitar. I will say I've had plenty of unexpected outcomes that inspired improvisations, but mistakes? Naw."

I love that. True of so many things in life: unexpected outcomes that inspired improvisations!
 
Carpe diem Life and Merry Christmas,
David Kuhn


No comments:

Post a Comment