Friday, January 20, 2017

"A Song For Trump!"

I’m wrong . . . a lot! 

For example, I remember the evening of September 22, 1994, and Suzanne and I watching the premier of a sitcom. Other than the obnoxious, wonted laugh-track, there wasn’t even a giggle on our side of the screen.  “This show will never make it!” I said. 

That show went on to receive acclaim throughout its run of 10 seasons, becoming one of the most popular television shows of all time.The series was nominated for 62 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning the Outstanding Comedy Series award in 2002 for its eighth season. The show ranked no. 21 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time!

You think that I would have learned my lesson about making doomsday predictions, but . . .

On August 6, 2015, we were watching another premier sitcom:  The Republican Presidential Debate.  My prediction?  “This Trump guy can never be elected President of the United States!”

You think that I would have learned my lesson about making doomsday predictions, but . . .

January 20, 2017. 

I'm not watching the inauguration and I’m not making any predictions.  For the sake of the country and the world, I really hope that President Donald J. Trump has a successful run. 

Oh, and back to that TV show?  It had a pretty successful theme song that somehow seems appropriate today.  Hope President Trumps sings it to us:

So no one told you life was gonna be this way . . .
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but
I'll be there for you! 

Hopefully, when this is all over, he'll be there for us and we’ll somehow all join tougher as FRIENDS!

Carpe Diem Life,
David Kuhn

CarpeDiem-Life.com




1 comment:

  1. We watched today. I was so proud to show my children a moment in history. I pray that President Trump makes wise choices for our country but even more than that I pray that the people of our country make wise choices. I pray they choose, as individuals, to be kind.

    ReplyDelete