Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"Day Of Purging"

I made yesterday my official “Day of Purging” day (usually January 1, but we were out of town).

“Day of Purging” is traditionally the day I get in my closets and drawers and purge items that I haven’t worn or used in the past year.  It usually goes something like this:

First, I take out everything out of the cesspool that is my closets and drawers (I’m a bit of a sentimental hoarder).
Next, I gather up the dozens of empty hangers that have somehow gurgled up to the surface. 
I then start the process of purging.

“Hmm.  Didn’t wear this last year.  In fact, haven’t worn it for years.  However, I do remember when I got it.  It’s still in perfect condition.  Hmm.  I’m sure I’ll wear it this year.  Yes, I think I’ll save it.”

And so it goes.

Every once in a great while I’ll actually throw something away or put in the donation pile.  More times than not, it makes its way back into the closet.  After all, it’s all nice and neat now so there’s plenty of room for . . .

I know that I pledged this year “A place for everything, everything in its place.”  But, now that I’ve organized the closets and drawers (a.k.a. “the place”) I have plenty room for everything.

And so it goes.

Besides, who in their right mind could depart with every softball jersey he’s ever had-- even though I haven’t played for 20 years.  Oh, and there’s a Harry Chapin concert T-Shirt from the 70s.  And then there’s my grade school letter sweater.  And what about . . .

And so it goes.

Or, more precisely on “Purging Day”:  And so it DOESN’T GO!

Another “Purging Day” in the books.  Speaking of books . . .

Carpe Diem Life,
David Kuhn
CarpeDiem-Life.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment