Monday, January 2, 2017

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific!


Lily Tomlin is famous for the joke: I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. 

I can relate. I think, at times, we can all relate. 

So, when it comes to CHOOSING a goal (i.e. New Year’s Resolutions), being specific is no joke.  That's why I’m making “SPECIFIC” one of my mantras this year.

For example, “losing some weight” is a good goal, but “Losing fifteen pounds” is better because it's more specific (okay, okay.  More like twenty pounds would be better, but you get the idea). 

The “Specific” Carpe Diem Life Lesson:

CHOOSE specific goals.

Think about the specific ACTIONS you’ll need to take to reach your specific goal.

The more specific and measurable your goal, the more quickly you will be able to identify, locate, create, and implement the use of the necessary resources for its achievement. -- Charles J. Givens

What specific RESOURCES (people and knowledge) will help you achieve your goal?

Having a clear picture in your mind what success looks like will motive you take PERSISTENT ACTION.

Seeing what the specific success looks like will help you EVALUATE your progress and decide whether or not you’re heading in the right specific DIRECTION.

If you see that you're not heading in the right direction, how will you specifically IMPROVE?

And what about rewards along the way?  What specific things will you do to ENJOY THE PROCESS?

Remember, there is only one person who is responsible for your success.  Specifically, you must never forget that it’s “MY LIFE.”

Wishing you a SPECIFIC 2017!

For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment. Viktor E. Frankl

Carpe Diem Life,

David Kuhn

CarpeDiem-Life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment