Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Escape Over The Walls

As Robert Fulghum wrote, there are times when we need to "Go on.  Escape over the wall of your asylum."

I did that yesterday.  Well, just a little bit.  Got out of my comfort zone to explore the possibilities of new horizons.  It was uncomfortable.  But, isn't that the way to "Go on"?

Every day I stand by the side of the road next to a broken cart and wonder who will pull it for me to the next adventure.  With support from my wife, yesterday I pulled the cart myself -- a few steps, at least. Who knows what will be at the next stop.  One thing is certain: it will be a completely different landscape with a different view of the sunrise and sunset.

"Look through the lens of passion and joy.
Be a-mused -- the muse that laughs.
Always ask the next question.
Always take the long way around.
Always turn back two blocks short of the abyss.
Go on.  You may.
Be as many people as need be.
Never go back the way you came.
Go on.  Do it yourself.
Go on. Never quit.
Go on. Never finish.
Go on. Flourish."
 -- Robert Fulghum

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn 


No comments:

Post a Comment