Friday, April 20, 2018

Hello darkness, my old friend . . .

The Sound of Silence.

It's my last day at one of my jobs.  Been with this company for nearly six years and finally decided that it was time.  Though I broke the news suddenly, it's been brewing for quite some time now.
In fact, I broke "standard protocol" and simply gave a one day notice.  I don't mean to burn any bridges, but I figured that it would be best -- like ripping a band-aid off instead slowly tugging (especially on a hairy part).

I broke the news suddenly at the end of the day.  Not exactly how I wanted to do it, but circumstances were what they were.  Today, word will filter through the company -- I calculate that it should take just under 30.23 seconds to move from the back to the front.  What will I say?

My Tao Te Ching lesson this morning just happened to be on "silence."  Here are some excerpts:

Practice the Power of Silence.  

The oneness that I seek from others will surface if I remember not to speak or even act.


If I catch myself pontificating. STOP!  Don't judge.  Just to return to silence.  Observe.



Those who know do not talk. Those who talk do not know.


Those who are compelled to pontificate and persuade are almost always tied to an attachment of some kind:  Point of view, being right, profiting . . . attachment.


Open mouth = spirit escapes.
Closed mouth = spirit connected.


Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.

And finally,

"Silence is sometimes the best answer." -- Dalai Lama


Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn 

No comments:

Post a Comment