Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Thorn Bushes

I had some extra time yesterday, so I decided to take a walk aroundd the
Southwestern Indiana Master Gardener Association (Evansville, Indiana) Display Gardens located just off the Lloyd Expressway near Stockwell Road.  It’s an absolutely beautiful site with about 20 or so gardens.

http://www.swimga.org/gardens





The roses reminded me of a quote that I’ve seen attributed to J. Kenfield Morley:

I can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. It's all how you look at it.

I’m not really sure who this guy was, but I love the way he thought.  Thorn bushes with roses.  Brilliant.

Here’s one more quote I found that fits perfects (especially since I've moved away from one of my nearly-full-time jobs to pursue more part-time ventures:

I believe the recipe for happiness to be just enough money to pay the monthly bills you acquire, a little surplus to give you confidence, a little too much work each day, enthusiasm for your work, a substantial share of good health, a couple of real friends and a wife and children to share life's beauty with you.


Thank you,  J. Kenfield Morley, whoever you are!

Carpe diem Life,
David Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment